Join in our Scouting for Food Drive this Fall!
Nov 11th-18th, 2023
Collect nonperishable food items for families in need! It’s simple….
- Register your unit here.
- Pick up door hangers beginning October 1st from the Scout Office or at your district’s October Roundtable. Door hangers will also be available at University of Scouting.
- Choose a date you plan to collect food (we suggest between November 11th and 18th), write that date on your door hangers, and then distribute door hangers in your neighborhood.
- Distribute door hangers around November 11th to give families time to gather their items.
- Record where you distributed door hangers to ensure you return to all of those homes to collect food on November 18th.
- Collect food and deliver to your local food bank on November 18th. You are welcome to donate to the food bank/pantry of your choice. Please ensure they are accepting donations at the time you plan to drop off your collected items.
- Share your total collected food weight and post pictures of your Scouts in action and tag the council on your posts. Click here to fill out a quick Unit Collection Report so we can celebrate the totals! Units must submit their totals by November 30th.
All food items must be nonperishable. Please do not include frozen or open items or glass containers.
Questions? Contact [email protected].