Share the Scouting adventure with your friends!
The Scouts build amazing adventures. Sharing the memories you make with your Scout on your social media account is one of the most powerful ways to increase parent involvement and encourage others to join. The Occoneechee Council, Boy Scouts of America has created the hashtag #ScoutSHARE to use with your photos of your Scouting adventures on these social media accounts to spread the word about how fun Scouting is!
What is #ScoutSHARE?
Share How You are Advertising your Join Scout Night!
Here are the weeks and focus areas:
- Week 1 (10/19-23) – Yard Signs/Cross marketing at sports fields/parks
- Week 2 (10/26-10/30) – Social Media Posts/Community pages
- Week 3 (11/2-6) – Bring a Friend Cards Blitz
Enter the ScoutSHARE Contest and Qualify to Win Special Prizes!
Help us share the Scouting story! Scouts do so many amazing things, they go to amazing places, and they make incredible memories. Help tell the Scouting story by sharing these great adventures with us and with others. Simply take a moment to share a photo or something exciting you did this summer in Scouts on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram from October 12 – November 6. Be sure to type the hashtag #ScoutSHARE at the end of each post. Sharing your photos will qualify you to win special prizes such as gift cards to Harris Teeter, Amazon, Target, and more!
Weekly drawings will be on October 19, 26, November 2, 9 and a bonus prize on November 5th for ScoutSHARE Day.
(Winners have until the Friday of each weekly drawing to claim their prize. Prizes that go unclaimed by winner will be awarded to a new winner the following week. Occoneechee Council employees or their relatives are not eligible to win.)
ScoutSHARE Day is Thursday, November 5th!
In honor of ScoutSHARE Day, we will be giving away extra prizes. Be sure to post on your favorite social media accounts for your chance to win!
Add Occoneechee Council ScoutSHARE Facebook Frames!
This is a great way to show your Cub Scouting pride on Facebook!
Share your Cub Scouting pride with friends, family members and that classmate from high school you’ve been meaning to get back in touch with. With these new Facebook profile picture frames, you can show that you’re a proud Cub Scout mom or Cub Scout dad or part of a proud Cub Scout family. You can add them to your Facebook profile photo in seconds!
The frames serve two equally awesome purposes: one, they tell the world that you’re a big part of this incredible movement called Scouting, and two, they invite your Facebook friends to ask you for more information about joining your Cub Scout pack.
We’ve already seen proud Scout families use these frames on Facebook.
You can too!
How to add a Scout profile picture frame on Facebook
- Head to https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Type in “Occoneechee Council” in the search box to use one of the Occoneechee Council Facebook Frames.
- Select your desired frame and scale your profile photo as needed. This way you can avoid blocking key parts of your photo with the additional graphics. You also have the option to swap in another photo by selecting “Change Picture.”
- Select “Use as Profile Picture,” at the bottom of the page to make your changes final. You can set a timeline for how long you’d like to keep this frame on your profile, as well.
- Be Prepared for your friends and family to be in awe of your photo’s cool, new look.