Dear Occoneechee Council Scouting Family,
We pray that you and your families are safe and healthy during this pandemic.
After extreme consideration, staff reductions and other operational changes over the past six months, last week, the executive board of the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America approved a membership fee increase for all Scouting programs effective August 1, 2020. For the new membership fees are as follows:
Beginning August 1, 2020:
- New members for all traditional programs (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts) will pay $66.00/year for registration (the previous fee was $60.00/year).
- All new members for Exploring programs will pay $42.00/year for registration (the previous fee was $36.00/year).
- All new volunteer adults for all programs, unit or non-unit, will pay $42.00/year for registration (the previous fee was $36.00/year).
- New Member Fee – There is now a one-time new member fee of $25.00 for all new youth of traditional programs (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts). This fee will be assessed regardless of when a youth member joins. The new member fee is for youth only.
- No joining fee for Exploring participants.
- No joining fee any youth previously registered in any BSA program.
- No joining fee for transfers from one program to another.
- No joining fee for adult volunteers.
- All new units and units renewing their charter will pay a $75.00/year charter fee (the previous fee was $60.00/year).
Beginning October 1, 2020:
- All youth members renewing with respective traditional programs will pay $66.00/year for registration.
- All youth members renewing with their Exploring Post will pay $42.00/year for registration.
- All adults will pay $42.00/year for registration with their unit or district positions. (multiple registrations will continue to pay one fee).
For more information regarding the membership fee increase, please click here: https://scoutingwire.org/bsa-membership-fee-increase-details-and-faq/.
We know that this increase will be an adjustment for many of our Scouting families. Our council executive board continues to be committed to supporting any family that would like a Scouting experience but can’t afford to participate fully. The professional staff and Commissioner team has information to offer those families in need.
Thank you for your participation in Scouting and Scout on!