Calling All Cubs! Come and Escape the Great Indoors at Camp Durant!
Welcome to the Cub Scout family! A big reason people love Scouting is because of the opportunities for camping fun. But many folks don’t know where to go and/or don’t have the right equipment. Watch those problems disappear!
Make beautiful Camp Durant your location for your first outing! You don’t have to wait for your Cub Scout Pack to plan a camping trip. You and your family can come for the day or spend a night or two. We have an overnight campground reserved just for you! Camp Durant is located in Carthage, NC, and it’s worth every minute you spend getting there to be there.
- No tent? We’ve literally got you covered! We have tents set up and waiting for you.
- No sleeping pad? No problem! Our tents have cots already set up in them.
- Can’t do without a bathroom? We get it! We have flush toilets only steps away in your campsite.
- Want a hot shower? Of course! There are hot showers located IN your campsite.
- Can’t carry a cooler very far? No worries! You can park your vehicle within steps of your tent. Your vehicle becomes your secure storage.
- Need electricity? Plug in! The shelter located in your campsite has lights, electrical outlets and picnic tables.
- Gotta have s’mores? Absolutely! Every campsite has a fire pit, and, unlike state parks, there is plenty of firewood laying in the woods waiting for you.
We want to make camping easy and accessible for you and your family. Whether you are brand new to camping or are just getting back into it, your family always has a spot waiting for you.
Make your reservation today by calling Occoneechee Council Camping Specialists Henry Goodson or Kenna McIntire at 910.948.2382.