How Do Commissioners Help?
Some of the ways commissioners may help a unit include:
- Brainstorm ideas with unit adults to solve unit problems.
- Listen to unit leaders-their needs, ideas, and successes.
- Suggest resources to improve the unit’s program.
- Help improve the relationship between unit adults and chartered organization leaders.
- Help recruit additional adults
- Facilitate the on-time unit charter renewal by assisting with the membership inventory of youth and adults, helping conduct the charter renewal meeting, and presenting the new charter to the chartered organization,
- Offer encouragement and recognize success.
- Work to assure an effective unit committee.
- Be a “Scouting paramedic” when a unit has a “critical illness.”
- Help the unit understand Scouting standards and practices.