This event has been rescheduled as indicated here.
Event Flyer: Seabadge
Are you prepared to support Sea Scouting, BSA?
Sea Badge is advanced leadership and management training conducted primarily in a classroom setting. The course is interactive with opportunities for networking, discovering new resources and maybe even a new patch at the Ship’s Store. Registration is open to all BSA scouting leaders, Sea Scout youth ages 19-21 and Coast Guard Auxiliary members (BSA membership not required).
The focus is on how adult leaders can work with older youth to enable them to successfully run their own program. Along the way you will also learn about Sea Scout traditions, practical ship management and function as a member of a Ship’s crew to complete a project.
All the items below must be completed prior to attending the course. Please bring proof of completion with you and present at check-in table.
- Proof of completed (within past 2 years) Youth Protection Training (YPT) YPT training
- Proof of completed Sea Scout Adult Leader Basic Training (SSABLT) https://my.scouting.org/
- BSA Health Form Parts A and B only BSA Health form
Uniforms at Sea Badge
- Staff members will wear the dark blue Official Sea Scout Uniform as described in the current Sea Scout Manual. Staff will not wear legacy uniforms.
- Sea Scout participants will wear the dark blue Official Sea Scout Uniform as described in the current Sea Scout Manual. The Official Sea Scout Uniform is preferred, but legacy work uniforms may be worn.
- Scout participants will wear their official uniforms with shoulder loops signifying their scouting program.
- Coast Guard Auxiliary participants will wear their official Coast Guard Auxiliary ODU (preferred) or Tropical Blue uniform.
Registration Fee $150.00
- meals for Friday evening, all Saturday and Sunday morning
- berthing in cabins with AC/heat
- Sea Badge Manual and class materials
Note: By registering online for this course, you are agreeing to the above conditions, including uniform expectations. You agree that you have completed or will complete all prerequisites prior to check-in on the first day of the course.
To register for this course, select the tickets link above.