Dear Occoneechee Council Scouting Family,
First and foremost, I hope you are doing well and staying safe during this time of uncertainty. Our primary focus is to do our part to protect our youth members, staff, board, adult volunteers and community.
We are doing our best to limit the spread of COVID-19. To that end, effective Monday, March 23rd, be aware that within the Occoneechee Council the following policy is in effect until May 8, 2020:
- No face to face meetings in the Occoneechee Council through May 8th
- All in-person Scouting activities are canceled effective immediately through May 8th. This includes unit meetings (Troop, Pack, Crew, Patrol and Den meetings), campouts, activities, trips, Pinewood Derbies, Blue and Gold Dinners, in-person fundraisers, service projects, Court of Honors (including for Eagle Scouts), etc. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please continue to work with your Scouts via digital and electronic methods.
- All in-person council-level and district-level events and meetings are canceled through May 8th. This includes Roundtables, district board and commissioner staff meeting, activities and training events, etc. There are no exceptions to this rule. Please continue to work with your Scouts via digital and electronic methods.
- The Council Service Center and both the Raleigh and Fayetteville Scout Shops are closed through May 8th. Our staff will be working remotely and responding to all calls, emails and postal mail.
- All Council Camps are closed through April 30th.
Below are some resources from ‘Bryan on Scouting’ to help you continue Scouting at home:
Scouting Magazine’s Bryan on Scouting blog explores how some units across the country are using technology to meet and offers a few merit badges to consider working on.
Even though units can’t meet in person now, that doesn’t mean advancement has to stop. Here are tips on conducting a Board of Review using teleconference online.
Thank you for your understanding. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation develops. We appreciate your partnership in helping us keep our youth, volunteers, staff and community safe.