BSA requirements for the operation of both COPE and Tower operations specify a minimum of a (1) Level 2 instructor (1) Level 1 instructor to open the program area. Staff to participant ratios are then applied based on the type of program being facilitated for the day. Ground based activities are 12:1 while activities at height are 6:1
Upon completion of this full weekend course, the participant should be certified as Level 1 for both COPE (CS67) and Artificial Climbing Structure (CS75) and be able to effectively assist in the operations these programs.
- Age 18 years and older
- Complete eLearning assignments below
- Bring your Hold Harmless form
- Be current on Youth Protection Training
- Pay the course registration fee
- Be willing to have a lot of fun and learn a lot of things about COPE and Climbing.
- Leave No Trace Awareness Course
- BSA Climb on Safely eLearning – Available through the training modules at http://my.scouting.org